The money that you spent on shipping costs was a good investment. In fact, the significant amount that you had to pay to ship the three foot by three foot by four foot high box got you the one reaction that you like the most. An excited phone call from your daughter who is a junior at a college 12 hours away from home!
When your daughter first asked you to make her a window seat cushion for her dorm room, you saw it as a way to send a little bit of yourself to her. When she let you know the window was six feet wide and 15 inches deep, however, you realized that this project include a significant investment. The foam for the cushion was expensive, so you were glad that your daughter sent you an extra sheet to use as the fabric cover. And while you have worked in the mailing services department at your office for a number years, you were no prepared for the price tag on shipping something that was so large. Fortunately, the cushion fit perfectly and your daughter loved it.
Print and Mail Services Are an Important Part of Many Businesses and Projects
You do not need to be a mother of a college student to understand how important reliable mailing services can be. From local school district levy votes to the announcement of a new product or service for a local retailer, print mail solutions are an important component. Consider some of these facts and figures about the mailing services industry and how it plays into the marketing and sales strategies of many companies and organizations:
- If you outsource your mailing services you may be able to qualify for the maximum postal discounts and maintaining address lists.
- Local school bond votes and levy overrides often rely on mailing services to make sure that all eligible voters receive their mail in ballots.
- Both large and small companies that are moving into an area often rely on an oversize postcard mailing to introduce themselves to any new areas.
- Although many individuals and companies still rely on traditional mail services when they are mailing bills, but some are transitioning to electronic billing statements.
- Electronic billing services are obviously better for the environment than traditional paper billing.
- 25% of customers felt their relationship with their biller was better once they switched to electronic billing.
If you are getting ready to send out a major mailing, it is important to make sure that you consider all of your options and see what may be the best way for you to spend your money. In some cases, companies are looking toward a move to electronic billing in an effort to be more efficient and environmentally friendly.