The beginning of the school year is a time when there are many people who are trying to settle into a new home. After the local movers have finished their tasks and the new home owners have unpacked all of the boxes, it is time to assess how the move went. From checking the well being of all of the items as they come out of the boxes to checking to make sure that all of the furniture arrived without scratches, it is important to make sure that you check all of your belongings after a move.
Both national and local movers offer a number of services, but it is always important to make sure that you understand what kind of coverage you have in case something is damaged. For many moving companies, you will have a window of time when you need to claim any of the damages that occurred during a move.
Professional Moving Companies Provide Valuable Services to Individuals and Companies
Some people live their entire lives in the same city, while others are experts at the entire relocation process. In fact, the latest statistics indicate that as many as 37% have never left their hometowns. On the flip side, nearly 63% have moved to a new community at least once in their lives. Whether you are someone who stays close to the place of your birth or you are someone who has moved back and forth across the country, your personal items are important. From the largest, most expensive pieces of furniture to treasured pieces of family jewelry, moves can be difficult if you do not hire the most experienced professionals.
Consider some of these additional facts and figures about the moving industry and the impact that it has on the economy of the nation:
- 20% of the items most commonly being moved by moving companies are computers, copiers, and other electronic office equipment.
- Six is the average number of times a 30-year-old has moved.
- 12 is the number of moves average Americans make in their life.
- The average household in America have 300,000 things in it.
- 33% of renters move every year.
- 11.2% of the U.S. population moved between 2015 and 2016, according to the 2016 Current Population Survey Annual Social and Economic Supplement.
Whether you just moved in time for the beginning of the new school year or you are planning a move this winter, it is important to make sure that you are working with professional national and local movers to get the best results.